Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 13-09-2021, 20:22   #7210
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
That, too.

Incidentally, you get far more protection from actually contracting the virus. So if you get it while vaccinated, that’s a good thing.

If you are not vaccinated you may not be so lucky, although most don’t realise they’ve even had it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
Link?
From a non peer-reviewed Israeli paper, which is specific to the Pfizer vaccine…

https://fullfact.org/health/maajid-n...cine-immunity/

Quote:
Professor Bangham said: “I think [this study is] very likely to be correct. I'd see no reason to doubt it. More importantly, it's exactly what any immunologist would expect to be true.”

Professor Paul Hunter, Professor in Medicine at The Norwich School of Medicine at the University of East Anglia, agreed. He told Full Fact: “Yes, the balance of evidence does suggest that natural infection will provide a more durable immunity especially to severe disease.

“But of course the downside of that is that during your first natural infection if unvaccinated you are just as much at risk of severe disease and death depending on your age and other risk factors at any time during the pandemic.”
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.