Thread: General Virgin testing 2.2 Gbps
View Single Post
Old 24-08-2021, 06:41   #36
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin testing 2.2 Gbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckVader View Post
The limitation of a single gigabit port is around 930-945(ish) Mbps depending on the strength of the prevailing wind.

The Super Hub 4 (and 3) for that matter do support link round-robin aggregation on 2 or more connections. It is not widely known and seems to be misunderstood which is part of the reason I posted this.

So long as your other router can do this, which I am not sure whether yours can or can't (nice looking router, reminds me of the ship out of The Abyss.) then and assuming the device you are testing on has at least a 2.5Gb NIC then you will be able to use the full bandwidth which is up to 1.2Gbps on VM.

For reference, I am using a Mikrotik CCR1009-7G-1C-1S+ with a 10Gb link to the rest of my network and the test PC has a 10Gb NIC too.
The AX11000 will handle port aggregation / dual WAN and has a 2.5Gb port. I guess all I would need is a 10Gb NIC for my main PC, but I'm not about to invest in the Mikrotik CCR1009-7G-1C-1S+ .

I'll let you know if it works out.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote