Thread: General Virgin testing 2.2 Gbps
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 21:32   #30
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin testing 2.2 Gbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckVader View Post
Most users at that speed will want to use it with their own router. Unless you use aggregation of two or more ports then you will only get up to around 930Mbps or so losing out on 200Mbps or ~25% of the actual speed.
I don't know if you are right about this or not. No matter how techy someone is, unless they have a need for 2.2Gb available bandwidth surely they won't waste their cash on it. To me the most likely customers are a large family with teens etc or a student household. Having said that I wouldn't expect massive take up in the first instance.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote