View Single Post
Old 17-06-2021, 21:26   #1424
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
... but if he was sarcastic as usual ....

In the meantime, it seems that internal trade on the island of Ireland is beginning to settle down - as in more sourceing of product from the Republic into NI. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/uk_leaves_the_eu

There's no detail in the BBC report as to the nature of the goods being traded south to north, so we can't judge whether or not the Guvmin can let the British Sausage matter drop.

I suspect they won't because of the issue of principle that NI is part of the UK and within its customs territory.

Of course, if that Poots fellow (the one who believes the world is 6,000 years old) doesn't honour the commitment to legalise Irish Gaelic in the North, then the NI government will fail, there will be a new election and the political balance could be altered.
Or whoever succeeds him…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-57521158
Quote:
Edwin Poots has resigned as DUP leader after three weeks in the job amid an internal party revolt.
His resignation came following a meeting of party officers at the DUP headquarters in east Belfast.
Mr Poots left the meeting shortly after 20:00 BST on Thursday.
In a statement, he said he had asked the party chairman Lord Morrow "to commence an electoral process within the party to allow for a new leader of the DUP to be elected".
He said it had been "a difficult period for the party and the country".
"The Party has asked me to remain in post until my successor is elected. I have conveyed to the chairman my determination to do everything I can to ensure both unionism and Northern Ireland is able to move forward to a stronger place."
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote