View Single Post
Old 17-06-2021, 14:19   #1417
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
It's fairly obvious to anyone who possesses more than half a brain cell that this would occur, based on the premise in my post that the EU's first responsibility is to protect itself.

However, (and as I've stated many times) I still believe that despite the EU's many faults we would have been better of staying. Nowhere at any time did i state that the only reason we should stay would be because we would be punished otherwise, stop twisting words.
I haven't twisted your words. All your posts on the topic are in defence of staying/having stayed in the EU. Why else would you post what you did.

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

Well, what have I been telling you? The perfidious French and, as ever the perfidious Irish (politicians/governments, of course).

The EU wants the UK to break up, particularly if caused by Brexit. The Remainers may come up with some crap that it's not the case at all, but reasonable people won't believe the Remainers.

Now Varadkar's at it again - next Irish PM under the current agreement. Paywall link and quote:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...land-comments/

Quote:
Britain criticised Leo Varadkar on Wednesday after the Irish deputy prime minister said that a united Ireland could be achieved in his lifetime.

The former prime minister urged his Fine Gael party to work with a growing middle ground of voters in Northern Ireland to reunify the island, which was divided a century ago this year.

Mr Varadkar, who will take the top job in Irish government again next year under a coalition agreement, said at the annual Fine Gael party conference: "It is a legitimate political aspiration."

He said: "Unification must not be the annexation of Northern Ireland. It means something more, a new state designed together, a new constitution and one that reflects the diversity of a binational or multinational state in which almost a million people are British.

“Like the new South Africa, a rainbow nation, not just orange and green," he added.
Note reference to "a rainbow nation". Fat chance with the Unionists being part of the Varadkar proposed country - at least not without significant civil unrest. Oh, and the stupid marching season ....

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote