View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 22:14   #1235
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
You don't know the Telegraph, imo. The article isn't a pander - it is written by one of the wing (to which I belong) that bel;ieves that the EU is out to get us.

On the bit I've highlighted, the extension offer would only have prolonged the agony, and we'd have been paying into the EU, which is what they wanted. They are not a reasonable institution.

It is beyond me why Johnson signed up to the Deal.

BoJo signed up to the deal as he'd run out of time, making the UK a weaker party in negotiations. Hence it was that deal or break the Good Friday Agreement with no deal which no British Prime Minister would contemplate.

I'm sure the EU's negotiators were more than happy with BoJo's and indeed your own approach in not wanting an extension as it handed them a great deal on a plate. And we're still paying the EU handsomely too.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote