View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 20:46   #1232
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I meant England…

(replying to the 3/8ths comment…)

---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

I'm beginning to suspect the Daily Telegraph isn't that keen on the EU (difficult to believe, I know...).

The "moment of our greatest weakness" and "imposed"?

Do they mean "the moment" when a Conservative Government rushed through a Withdrawal Bill with 14 hours debate time, the one where BoJo urged Conservative Eurosceptics to back the deal, saying it made good “on every one of our manifesto commitments

<SNIP>
To provide some balance, the Torygraph article includes this:

Quote:
The EU should have enough self-awareness to understand that the deal it obtained was too good to be true, and that the only way the protocol can survive is if it chooses to exercise maximum flexibility. The UK had no real choice but to sign it: it could either agree to a treaty that essentially handed away parts of Britain’s sovereignty over Northern Ireland, or accept a no-deal Brexit that would have created unnecessary economic damage while still not resolving the Irish situation. The EU wasn’t acting rationally: it was set on kamikaze mode, committed to punishing Britain at any cost.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote