View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 19:36   #1231
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
His ancestors were from the South...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
... and England. Goes back some way. Indeed, the name "Biden" comes from the English leg.

For example: https://www.chichester.co.uk/news/pe...cestry-3034906
I meant England…

(replying to the 3/8ths comment…)

---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

I'm beginning to suspect the Daily Telegraph isn't that keen on the EU (difficult to believe, I know...).

Quote:
The imperial EU is blind to the folly of its unequal Northern Ireland Brexit treaty

The protocol isn’t a just law. It was imposed on the UK by Brussels at the moment of our greatest weakness

Why don’t the European elites ever learn lessons from history? It should be obvious that the Northern Ireland Protocol, signed under duress by the UK
The "moment of our greatest weakness" and "imposed"?

Do they mean "the moment" when a Conservative Government rushed through a Withdrawal Bill with 14 hours debate time, the one where BoJo urged Conservative Eurosceptics to back the deal, saying it made good “on every one of our manifesto commitments

Even David Davis said
Quote:
the agreement left “issues to deal with” including Northern Ireland, fishing and Gibraltar. He told the Commons: “It’s not over. All will lead to uncomfortable decisions in the near future.”

Davis said one day was not enough time to deal with a 1,200-page treaty and further time must be given to it to enable the UK to develop its strategy.

“The EU will use the treaty to its own advantage … We have to come back to this treaty and look at it in detail at all 1,200 pages so we don’t get into conflict, don’t fall into traps, don’t get into acrimonious disputes with them [the EU],”
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote