Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 11:20   #4690
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
No, they’re not - but they’re right more often about things because they base their decisions & recommendations on science & experience, and are willing to change their decisions & recommendations when new evidence comes to light.

No one is right all the time about everything - but I assume you trust your doctor’s diagnosis over some random in the street/
Actually no I don't. All my doctor wants to do is prescribe me numerous tablets based on the rather shady 5 minute 'telephone consultation' that is the norm nowadays. I haven't seen a doctor in a year - in fact I'm close to telling the practice to get stuffed and simply use the hospital casualty dept. instead

I guess you could also call me an expert in 'not believing everything an expert says', although I've never published any papers on it