Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2021, 11:02   #4633
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Coronavirus LIVE updates as Moderna vaccine rollout begins in UK and AstraZeneca children's trial paused

The third vaccine approved for use in the UK has begun its rollout today (Wednesday).

People in Wales will begin to receive the Moderna vaccine, starting at West Wales General Hospital in Carmarthen.

The UK has bought 17 million doses of that vaccine – enough for 8.5 million people - and it has been hailed as 'another key milestone' in the fight against coronavirus.

snip ... It comes as a trial of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine in children has been paused while regulators investigate reports of a rare form of blood clot among adults.

Regulators at the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) are investigating a potential association between the jab and a rare form of blood clot.

A spokesperson from the university said in a statement: "Whilst there are no safety concerns in the paediatric clinical trial, we await additional information from the MHRA on its review of rare cases of thrombosis/thrombocytopaenia that have been reported in adults, before giving any further vaccinations in the trial.

"Parents and children should continue to attend all scheduled visits and can contact the trial sites if they have any questions."
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...1-6a3f1dc60640