View Single Post
Old 25-03-2021, 11:07   #6723
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Car Insurance

We are a 3 car family. Due to 'circumstances' over the previous year, Wife & Daughter (both work for the same organisation) have been working from home . . and rumours are this could continue for at least one of them.

Thoughts were we sell Daughters car and add her as a named driver onto the wifes insurance . . . . . and that's where it ended

Daughter is 21, 3 years no claims, her own insurance this year would be around £380

If she sells her car and is added as a named driver to either of our insurance policies . . . it's roughly an extra £2100 a year

Looks like we will remain a 3 car family then
We were in the same position a few years back when I no longer needed my own car on a daily basis. We decided to sell our son's car and he would then have the use of my newer lower mileage car as a named driver. His insurance would have skyrocketed.

Luckily someone suggested that we considered transferring ownership of my car to him then he transferred his insurance to his "new" car adding me as the named driver. A bit of a faff but the new quote with my being on his policy actually reduced his premium. If it's any help we did this with DirectLine. Maybe worth getting a quote and seeing if it still works.