View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 14:14   #163
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Re: Child grooming gang found guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
In Leicester there are a large number of Asian gangs who go looking for teenage girls to use for their own ends. Usually it doesn't matter which race or colour they are but still some target whites. Usually the gangs impress the girls by buying them gifts, driving fast cars etc and make them think they're now boyfriend/girlfriend. They keep up the pretence until they've won their trust and then the trouble starts.

The gangs then pimp the girls out to others and threaten them with violence against them and their families if they refuse.

Obviously not all Pakistanis are like that and neither are all Pakistani gang members. But it happens a lot. She is part of the Asian community and is privacy to what is talked about, what goes on. She has even been warned about it from her own family when she was growing up.
The bit hilighted in Bold is the point isn't it. That there are a large number or gangs targeting vunerable girls. Leicester has a significant amount of asians right (I think the majority now are asian) so it's obvious you will find asian men doing this. What is interesting about Leicester is that the majority of asians from Leicester happen to be from Africa and India, and there is a large representation here from all religions, Sikhs, Muslim and Hindus - I would also bet that Pakistanis make up the smallest subset within that ethnioc group. So again, unless we know they are specifically Pakistani again it sort of blows out the cultural argument out of the water.

If the gang in Rochdale were in an area rife with vunerable Pakistani girls, do not for one minute think they would have left them alone.

TAke out the word asian in your post above and that applies to all people who pimp out girls/run child prostitution rings.

No one, especially me, is disputing that Pakistani men do not do it. Unfortunately evil is not confined to one race or colour, but the reporting, views and opinions of late are that this is a massive problem in the Pakistani muslim community and because the victims were all white, its all ok.

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Doesn't make it a racist issue necessarily though, just one of of readily available vulnerable young girls who just 'happen' to be white..Most Asian girls are heavily chaperoned within the community and are therefore unlikely to be targeted..I'm pretty sure if they weren't that they would become targets.
Exactly. They would have found it extremely difficult to target asian girls because of those reasons. That is not saying that it doesn't happen to asian girls either. There are quite a few who end up in prostitution having been exploited as a result of their broken backgrounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
They shouldn't have to ,but they may need to .It is in the best interests of all to dispel the myth that this sort of thing is inherent in some Asian cultures.I may be wrong but i don't know one culture that allows this sort of behaviour,they have their sex offenders and pedophiles the same as all others and how they treat them differs but child sex is not part of the culture as some perceive and that message does need to get accross and the best people to do that are the leaders of those different cultures in this country
The myth that has sprung about in the last week? I've never heard previous to this case that British (or non British) Pakistani Muslims culturally think its ok to groom white girls for prostitution? Or to be pimps. If these men had been caught doing this "back home" not one would have made it to trial. They would have been hanged by their communities.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote