View Single Post
Old 31-12-2017, 12:05   #13145
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
The cars back on the road, i had a bit of a disaster on Dec 23rd 7pm A1 southbound at 70mph.

Somehow i got too close to the side of the road and either scrapped the curb or hit a pothole, which took out the side of my tyre causing an instant flat and as i don't carry a spare in my kind of car i had to really on the RAC for a recovery, luckily a layby wasnt too far away! Thank god i was using a Satnav on my phone so i could tell them where i was in relation to the next junction, but it still took them 2.5hrs to get to us and then another hour to take us home.

This messed up Christmas as we had been expecting to drive up to my parents on the 24th, and trying to get a mobile tyre fitter out on that day at such short notice was impossible, so had to rely on the parents to drive down 3hrs to collect us and then drive us back after Boxing Day. in the terrible snowy conditions.
I'd bet it was a pothole, one took my front left suspension out, which required the entire front springs being replaced, and £700+ lighter wallet.

To make matters worse I had to wait a week to get it fixed, and the car wasn't safe to drive anywhere but the garage.

I had to borrow my dads car to get to work.