View Single Post
Old 15-07-2021, 21:56   #1655
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Nothing they will/can stop the floods. I lived in Poland 30 years ago - the annual floods in July/August overran whole swathes of the Vistula 'valley', including Warsaw. The ODRA on the German/Polish border flooded Wroclaw in 1997 - I was there too.

Climate change - bah humbug. Whatever we reverse now (if anything can be reversed at that level) will have no effect for a very long time.

Ooh, stop eating meat and tomorrow no floods .
Well, I think it’s worth making an effort for my children and grandchildren…

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Bringing EU matters back into important focus: Paywall link - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...aign=DM1462311

Curated quotes:

Glorious, albeit that the row is about an ant-democratic law that Poland recently institutes (political appointment of a judges' star chamber). I'm not confident, though, that a referendum would produce a majority for exiting the EU.

---------- Post added at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:32 ----------

Pissing in the wind would cover that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
The EU aren't all that happy with things going on in Hungary either . . it's all starting to kick off

Decided to add a link . . . just an opinion piece on Aljazeera, but it's a very good read with some classy touches about some reactions from the toothless EU

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2...y-break-the-eu

*orders extra popcorn
Well, since Poland and Hungary are the two biggest recipients of EU money, win-win…

(nearly 17 billion Euros per year)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote