View Single Post
Old 24-05-2018, 16:30   #108
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: House of Fraser in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Tesco shuts its online non-food website, Tesco Direct.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...e-tesco-direct
Interesting, considering that it's online retailers that are being blamed for the loss of high street shops.

Didn't Sainsbury's try this and end up closing it in the end too?

I recently called Tesco Direct to buy something over the phone and was told that, for the past year or so, this has not been possible. I advised them that my disability currently precluded me from doing it online and, whilst staff were very apologetic, they said that they couldn't help as all the computers that used to take telephone orders had been removed.

I spoke to a manager who advised that the same thing and (politely) said that the best he could advise was to buy the item from another retailer that took orders over the phone!

About a year ago I needed an electric knife. I ask all small goods to be put through the cat flap in case there is nobody in or I am unable to get to the door. Tesco Direct refused to do this, saying that, due to knife crime, they required all knives to be signed for by someone over 18! I simply went elsewhere to buy one.

I don't suppose these ridiculous policies will have helped to make the business viable.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 24-05-2018 at 17:24.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote