View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 23:47   #41
toom
Permanently Banned

toom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many feathers
Re: List of web browsers for you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
Actually, its the other way around. Firefox is in fact have better at making websites work and following Web Standards than IE. IE has problems with css and one of the reasons that some sites only work in IE is because of bad coding on part of the developer of the site.

IE has dodgy CSS support, is quite insecure, and by modern standards it outdated. A lot of browsers now have pop blocker, tabs and search. Most of these issue are going to be fixed in IE7.

Otherwise IE is an awful browser.
Iv,e not had any popup problems for ages, mabe it is because of norton or zone alarms that I have, i can't remember, but you dont't need to rely on up to date browsers to filter these out as there are seperate programs for them anyway that would probably do the job better. And saying that websites are poorly programed because they do not support FF is just a cop out, try the other way round. Maybe FF will be the future of web browsing, but it's got a long way to go yet before it can take on IE or MSN, FF has done litte for me so far apart from saving my passwords when I DL when I use from paysites, it can't even multiple DL.
toom is offline   Reply With Quote