View Single Post
Old 30-09-2015, 11:35   #24
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: VW accused of 'rigging' emissions tests

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyds View Post
IIRC the VW Group has so far avoided using the eolys additive based systems that other makers (Peugeot/Citroen and Ford) have been using since around 2005. I can see new cars being developed to use these systems. Either that or they will be forced to go for AdBlue, which has been used in HGVs for some time. It all depends on how long the development will take.

The big question is what to do with cars already sold. If the tests have effected CO2 emissions, then there's a taxation question, however if its "just" NOx then I doubt the cars will be recalled.
Given the obvious mis-selling scandal, I would imagine any taxation issues would be managed in the form of a levy paid directly by VW. Trying to increase the VED on consumers who have been misled would be a bit pointless and would inevitably end up in court.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote