Thread: Superhub Ping/latency
View Single Post
Old 23-05-2019, 08:54   #11
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Ping/latency

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCroc1 View Post
I know that but paying for a gamer package with brilliant speed and high ping ain't good �� if you know what i mean
there are a handful of contributory factors which the guys have eluded to above but your biggest problem by far is the technology your connection runs on; this has been an on going gripe for years and you see people whining about in on the VM forums all the time. There isn't anything you can do about it, even if you bought a proper router. If you think it is impacting your gaming performance that much then the only way to fix it is to switch to an Openreach connection.

As an fyi, the "gamer package" hasn't got anything to do with the gaming at all and in no way offers an improved quality of connection. The standard tier a couple of years ago was 200/12 and the "gamer" tier, presumably with hosting in mind, was 200/20, but I thought they had moved everyone off that and we all got upgraded to 350/20 and now 350/35.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote