View Single Post
Old 26-06-2018, 20:02   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Hub 2ac vs Hub 3 modem mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgrin View Post
I currently have a 2ac Hub which I run in modem mode.......would I see any benefit from installing the Hub 3, also in modem mode?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Wifi range and stability dropped significantly when I tried the Hub3. So I swapped back to the SHUB2ac.

Anyways, you will be better off swapping to the shub3. The only real major difference with the shub 3 and the one that in this case also applies to you is that it load balances across (up to) 24 downstream channels vs the 8 which shub2 and shub1 are limited to. The firmware update doesn't do any miracles for the shub3 and fudges the latency graph to make it look better and also add some reporting features which you will already have in shub2. That being said, despite numerous outpours on the VM forum there aren't any issues with gaming and latency. I have only played first person shooters and I put many hours in every week and I have never had any problems at all and believe me if there was a problem affecting my performance I would be the first one to moan.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote