View Single Post
Old 30-05-2008, 03:28   #7567
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

OK the march from the Barbican to the nearest met police station is 1.5 miles (Charing Cross Police Station on the Strand). We should be able to walk straight down Fleet Street and The Strand to get there, which is somewhat convenient for press coverage

Alexander Hanff

---------- Post added at 03:28 ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 ----------

Some more info.

The BT Centre (BT HQ) is just down the road from the Barbican (and enroute almost to the Met Police).

So as I am hashing this together in my head, I propose the following:

Stage 1: 10:00 - End of AGM
Protest starts outside the Barbican until the AGM finishes. Hopefully this will be sometime around lunchtime.

Stage 2: 12:00 - 14:00
Guest speakers. It would be ideal to have this outside the Barbican because I expect it gets quite a lot of foot traffic during lunch time.

Stage 3: 14:00 - 16:00
Protest outside BT Centre.

Stage 4: 16:00 - 17:00
March to Charing Cross Metropolitan Police Station via Fleet Street and The Strand. Once there we hand over the case file and a petition, requesting a crime reference number and an official statement on whether or not they intend to investigate.

During all stages there will be a petition available for people to sign, demanding that the Metropolitan Police investigate the covert trials of 2006/2007 under RIPA, Computer Misuse Act, Fraud Act. This petition will be supplemented with:
Dr Richard Clayton's Technical Report
Mr Nicholas Bohm's Legal Report
Home Office statement saying it is the responsibility of the police
EU Commission Statement stating it is illegal
My Dissertation
Signed and witnessed statements from victims of the trials

We will put together some digital media for people to download and printout as fliers.

I will try and get some sponsorship from somewhere so we can hire a PA and Generator for the speeches. If not we will need to find someone with a PA and Generator who doesn't mind them being used for the event.

Placards are obviously going to need sorting out as well (so start getting your slogan ideas in).

I will send a formal letter to the Met next week telling them about the event and explaining it will be a peaceful protest from 10am - 6pm ending with a March from Newgate St. to Charing Cross Met Police Station. I will include a full itinerary with the letter.

That's how I envision the day going at the moment. I am happy to hear any suggestions people may have.

Alexander Hanff