View Single Post
Old 22-03-2008, 18:31   #1635
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowrebmit View Post
Unfortunately, legally all that would be needed for our consent, is a change in the T&C and notification that the T&C had changed, and then our continued use of the service.

I am aware from postings here that an advisory group has opinioned that this is not sufficient in their view, and that explicit consent should be sought.

There is also the argument that web sites haven't agreed to an interception of their pages (and if the site is password protected may have their own T&C that forbids interception), but there is also a counter-argument to this. Has any of this been tested in court, I doubt it.

I also very much dislike web based T&C, such as Virgin Media's T&C, because they are put onto web sites, without any form of checksum and independent way of verifying that the contents have not changed.

If we don't already do so, we should be saving the T&C and AUP to files on our hard drive to be able to later verify what has changed. (I bet most of us haven't!)
hence the reason you are wise to send that registered data protection act Notice laying out how they can use your Personal data from that point on.

if you want to be padantic, every time they change the T&C , you simply re-send a Notice referencing the original and stating its still in effect.

your DPA Notice always overrides any change regarding personal data they might place in the T&C at any point...

your data, your rules, and how they may or not, use any part of your property.

---------- Post added at 18:31 ---------- Previous post was at 18:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
Knew I did the right thing I abandon ship Bt line here this Friday ASAP sign up to ADSL supplier who has assured me they have no intentions of joining phorm since owner also uses the network and he wouldn't like his clicks watched and profiled..
and remember Florence, if and when you sign that paper contract, read the T&C, crossout and inital any clause you dont like.

you can even add any clauses you might want and once you sign it, and the company rep signs and witnesses it, they activate and you use the service , thats it, contract confirmed, remember people , that signed T&C works for both partys