View Single Post
Old 22-03-2008, 10:38   #1626
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowrebmit View Post
Unfortunately, legally all that would be needed for our consent, is a change in the T&C and notification that the T&C had changed, and then our continued use of the service.

I am aware from postings here that an advisory group has opinioned that this is not sufficient in their view, and that explicit consent should be sought. There is also the argument that web sites haven't agreed to an interception of their pages (and if the site is password protected may have their own T&C that forbids interception), but there is also a counter-argument to this. Has any of this been tested in court, I doubt it.

I also very much dislike web based T&C, such as Virgin Media's T&C, because they are put onto web sites, without any form of checksum and independent way of verifying that the contents have not changed. If we don't already do so, we should be saving the T&C and AUP to files on our hard drive to be able to later verify what has changed. (I bet most of us haven't!)
When I first joined I did print mine out but it was over 20 pages of legal talk that seemed to cotriudict itself later on. I did finaly throw this away after they kept changing them. I have had at least one copy sent through the post but this was a few years back and print so small you need a page magnifier to read it or telescope.