View Single Post
Old 22-03-2008, 01:56   #1622
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucevans View Post
VM, I strongly suggest you stop using that phrase "keep their internet experience just as it is now" because it ****** your customers off when you patronize them like that.

Oh, sure, on the surface, it may appear that our internet experience hasn't changed when we opt-out of Phorm (after all, we'll still get the pages we asked for, and no Phorm targeted ads), but behind the scenes, all of our web browsing is still being re-routed through the profilers (and no, I don't care that you promise "not to relay any information outside the VM network")

Stop treating your customers like mugs: we realise that you intend to still profile our data even if we "opt-out" and even if you honour your claim not to pass profile information on to Phorm, you can still quite easily use that information for other "internal" purposes, and I do not agree to my data being used in any such way.
one question which seems to not been asked is if a person opts out. Phorm still intending to use a mirror for profiling. If I opted out and they say I will NOT get adverts during browsing or see these adverts Why the heck do they still need to profile opted out people.

I wish one these PR persons Answers that million dollar question. No-one thought about this.

What will they get out of this profiling if we wish Not to get spammed with online adverts.

I think you start to think covertly whats intended.

So will they be able to get our names & address from the ISP if not they do trace attacks. In the end they would likely find our hometown, our address and you can bet phorm will give us snail targeted junk or even targeted email once its known.

I cant think why else would they want to still profile an opted out individual. It makes absolute no sense for phorm to even want to profile opted out people. The only other conclusion is for spy reasons Government etc or hacking purposes.