View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 10:40   #2800
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Can you name any plan, just out of curiousity?

I mean a “high wage, high skill” economy doesn’t spawn itself into existence by itself. Otherwise anyone could do it.

So tell me: what’s the plan?
Maybe you should ask Boris - he's the one with the vision.

Ths basic idea is that with the Europeans going back to their countries, vacancies are created here, and if employers can't fill the vacancies, they will increase wages to attract more people. The more vacancies there are, the less excuse there is for able bodied people to be receiving benefits, so its a virtuous circle.

Employers have the task of attracting our own people to jobs with appropriate salaries, by making jobs more interesting and by training those without the skills.

I was reading about the way lorry drivers are treated recently, and it's no wonder employers have difficulty attracting them. We need to start treating these people with respect and provide at least the basic facilities, such as lorry stops with decent loos and to stop all the hanging around at warehouses while they wait for people to turn up to unload the lorries.

There's lots we can do to make jobs more attractive, and if we can increase productivity, we will need less of them and use the savings to improve conditions.

Ministers understand what is expected of them - it's up to them to work out the detail, not the PM.