View Single Post
Old 17-09-2021, 08:10   #2458
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Well, why didn't you say so? Saying "just kicking the can down the road" has no value.

We are extending the grace period because of our inability (yet) to meet the terms of the agreement, That inability isn't a systems problem, it's a political problem. The EU is sticking to the letter of their regulations rather than adjusting to a more pragmatic method. The sandwiches matter comes to mind and, more importantly, delivery of medicines to NI from GB.

You drone on about "implementing the terms we agreed". If we did that, we would be stiffing our fellow NI citizens. Surely, you don't want that? Please answer me directly - do you really want to implement the agreement and thus worsen the NI people's situation?

Anyone with a modicum of intelligence knows what is meant by kicking the can down the road

The legally binding treaty which we agreed too needs to be implemented, simple as that. I don’t want to pay my taxes but guess what, I have to.

We’re going over old ground but to repeat we either

1) shouldn’t have signed the deal if it was so bad
2) didn’t understand the requirements of the deal we signed

As long as the EU aren’t breaking the conditions of the agreement they can interpret it and implement it as they see fit.

What happened to Brexit being easy?