View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 14:59   #1636
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Fine, you've persuaded me that getting an unskilled job in the UK is very difficult and almost impossible under some circumstances.

I guess the best thing we can do is allow lots of foreign workers into the country so they can do them.

Oh hang on, wouldn't those same foreigners encounter exactly the same problems you've highlighted?

That's a story I brought to this very forum some time ago. I work with people from all over the EU in my local office. One of the managers, a Hungarian lady had her 18 year old brother come over to the UK ostensibly to improve his English.

While here, he worked in a number of causal jobs - building site labourer, washing up in a restaurant, pot man in a pub and a cleaner. If he didn't like a job, he moved and got a different one in a day or so, he was almost never out of work. His opinion of long term unemployed people, especially young people with no commitments wasn't great! He could not understand how anyone could be out of work.

He was Norman Tebbits dream, he got on his bike and found work.
jonbxx is online now   Reply With Quote