View Single Post
Old 24-06-2021, 22:44   #1540
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Fine by me. I’ve not traveled in Europe for years. Why should my mobile phone bill subsidise those who do? Abolishing roaming charges was never intended to save money. It was a political move designed to further the illusion of the EU as a single, seamless territory. The phone companies faced a loss of income by no longer having the option to charge customers the additional cost of managing their use via a third party telecoms network. Hands up who seriously thinks they haven’t simply rearranged the deckchairs and recouped as much of that as possible from everyone else ...
I thought it worked by making operators co-exist without the massive mark-up?

It's like banking fees for international transactions where there wasn't any real justification for some of the prices the retail banks charged for them but it made them money.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote