View Single Post
Old 24-06-2021, 18:10   #1537
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Fine by me. I’ve not traveled in Europe for years. Why should my mobile phone bill subsidise those who do? Abolishing roaming charges was never intended to save money. It was a political move designed to further the illusion of the EU as a single, seamless territory. The phone companies faced a loss of income by no longer having the option to charge customers the additional cost of managing their use via a third party telecoms network. Hands up who seriously thinks they haven’t simply rearranged the deckchairs and recouped as much of that as possible from everyone else ...
It went from one extreme to the other! It was originally like the Wild West with people reporting bills in two and three figures and costs being opaque. And then it reduced to just UK charges.
I hope we don't return to rip-off Britain days.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote