View Single Post
Old 13-06-2021, 22:29   #1305
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
I thought they were also used to give a definitive answer where both parties claimed the 'wording' meant different things

Edit: I thought that Brown character had sold all the crown jewels ages ago?
Trouble is that on the NI Protocol, the ECJ is the enforcement authority.

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/explainers/the...thern-ireland/

Quote:
The UK and EU had other objectives as well as avoiding a hard Irish border and protecting the 1998 Agreement. These are reflected in the details of the Protocol. The Protocol is designed to meet the UK Government’s desire to be able to diverge from EU rules and conduct an independent trade policy, while protecting the legal integrity of the EU’s single market.

It does this by:

Continuing to apply certain EU rules (most particularly in relation to the manufacture and sale of goods) in Northern Ireland. The application of these rules is implemented by UK authorities, but overseen by the European Commission. They can be, ultimately, enforced by the European Court of Justice (ECJ).

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote