View Single Post
Old 13-06-2021, 18:34   #1294
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post

Sephi/OB

Why hasn’t Boris walked or threatened to walk away from the treaty ?

He threatened to walk away enough times during the negotiations

To add,

sephi/ob (amongst many others) clearly stated that we could manage just fine without the EU. Yet here we are a little over six months in and they’re demanding the EU’s assistance in solving a problem of our own creation.

How deliciously ironic.
As I said, the problem is the interpretation and the inflexibility of the EU.

The PM went with the deal because that’s what he was being pressured to do, but as the EU continue to demonstrate how unreasonable they can be, they will be making the case for us that we should give notice to terminate the Brexit deal.

It’s not the end of the world, and at least it will enable us to make more effective use of our time. In the meantime, we will look elsewhere for as many of our imports as is practical, and this will not be good news for the EU. But you know what, tough!

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Sorry, why did we have to sign it ? That’s a complete u turn OB for you from your earlier comments.

Perhaps you could advise why these documents weren’t ‘interpreted’ before they were signed ? Otherwise you’ve basically admitted that the U.K. government didn’t fully understand what they were agreeing too

This is not an us vs them situation.

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

You really are a loon, I hope you get the help you need
Sorry, mate but it’s not me that’s the loon. As I have said more than once now, the problem is not so much the document as its interpretation. You may want to look that word up if you don’t understand what it means.