View Single Post
Old 13-06-2021, 17:49   #1291
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
And you are defending that - Jeez. They should be more reasonable given the difficulties the "letter" is causing in NI.

Yes, I am defending this.

They agreed to this
We agreed to this

The country wanted out, this is out

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No, I didn’t say that. I said that the problem was with the way the EU was interpreting the Protocol, not the Protocol itself.

Trust you to keep batting for the other side. Macron has said: “Nothing is negotiable. Everything is applicable.”

In other words, his mind is made up and if the Northern Irish people (whom he does not regard as U.K. citizens!) suffer food shortages as a result of the EU interpretation of the Protocol, he doesn’t give two hoots.

Is Macron speaking from a position of authority? Or is he being a lone voice ?

I’m not batting for any side. If the people of Northern Ireland suffer food shortages ultimately it’s us who agreed the terms with the EU.

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
The problem is it is not the letter of the law.

Link

There cannot be "letter of the law" where ambiguity exists.
Where is the ambiguity that states chilled meat products cannot be imported into the EU market from non EU countries ? Seems pretty unambiguous ?

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

Sephi/OB

Why hasn’t Boris walked or threatened to walk away from the treaty ?

He threatened to walk away enough times during the negotiations

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

To add,

sephi/ob (amongst many others) clearly stated that we could manage just fine without the EU. Yet here we are a little over six months in and they’re demanding the EU’s assistance in solving a problem of our own creation.

How deliciously ironic.