View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 21:10   #1256
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Old Boy's scenario is unrealistic. A hard border would breach the Good Friday Agreement so that's not on the cards, as mrmistoffelees has explained.
To help unblock the impasse, it would do no harm for BoJo to replace David Frost with someone with a less confrontational approach.
Mrmistofelees referred to the collapse of the GFA, not a breach; quite a difference. But in the circumstances I've mooted, it would be the EU that would cause the GFA breach.

As regards David Frost, we need to stand firm - be it he or someone else. There needs to be a pragmatic solution that allows us to to supply goods to NI supermarkets unfettered by customs formalities. I regard the EU as being confrontationalist, threatening to bring all hell down on us as we protect sending the British Sausage to NI without any EU controls.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote