View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 21:45   #1234
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
That additional quote also includes the words "The EU wasn’t acting rationally: it was set on kamikaze mode, committed to punishing Britain at any cost." Not the conventional idea of balance, more like pandering to those Conservatives who think the current government has left us up the creek and equipped us with a butter knife instead of a paddle.

The Telegraph article also omits the fact that the EU offered the UK an extension. As I and others said at the time, this would have given us more chance to strike a better deal.
You don't know the Telegraph, imo. The article isn't a pander - it is written by one of the wing (to which I belong) that bel;ieves that the EU is out to get us.

On the bit I've highlighted, the extension offer would only have prolonged the agony, and we'd have been paying into the EU, which is what they wanted. They are not a reasonable institution.

It is beyond me why Johnson signed up to the Deal.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote