View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 10:42   #1087
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Andrew, you're way off beam here as regards Covid. It's in the realms of the bleedin' obvious that had we joined the EU programme, we would now be at around the 50% mark rather than 75%.

Not that I can produce evidence, I'd be confident that the decision was taken right at the top. And even if it was Bingham's delegated decision, she obviously had a lightbulb moment.

On the fishing and red tape matters, these will sort themselves out.
Kate Bingham herself confirmed joining the EU procurement programme was not mandatory for EU members but I can understand why you might want to chalk this success up to Brexit.

The reality is somewhat harsher. All that Brexit has brought us in the way of Covid is the Indian variant as BoJo kept India off red status to try and strike a trade deal with that country.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote