View Single Post
Old 22-01-2008, 06:10   #511
Alien
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, V+, VM 10Mb
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other Snippets

Just read the whole thread, so a few more points/posts to respond to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone View Post
I've just heard about a new Sci Fi series, which should show in 2005, called Starhyke.

A bit more info at

http://www.starhyke.com/
The site still says it's supposed to be showing in 2007. I'm not sure what to think of it. The only thing that would get me to give it a chance is that it has Claudia Christian in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I also remember Earth: Final Conflict. Lasted more than one season, but still got killed prematurely in the end.
5 seasons is still better than a lot of shows manage these days. I've got season 1 on DVD, I'm hoping they'll bring out the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
Anyone have a favourite theme tune or music from their sci-fi shows they love to hear?
Not sure if I have just 1 favourite. Earth: Final Conflict would be on the list, as would Voyager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I'm annoyed that The Dresden Files was cancelled though. I thought the 1st season showed a lot of potential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas View Post
The books are soooo much better...
Absolutely! If they'd made the series more like the books it might have lasted longer. Can't wait for the next 1, due out in April, IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverwar View Post
Trailer for Pixar's Wall-E
Stupid websites removing videos! Grrr! :mad Fortunately, I found it on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UblUO0LjPUg
Not sure if that's the same version as was previously linked to, but I thought I'd post a link in case anyone hasn't seen it. It looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers View Post
Don't you remember them spinning in ToS?
I remember something spinning in ToS, but thought that was just cheesey bad effects or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson T View Post
I could be geeky and point out that they are part of the magnetic field system that works the ships Bussard ram scoop system, which us used to gather fuel in an emergency. But I don't think I will.

You can also see the scoops bring used in next gen and on the 1701e to blow up a sonar ship, I do believe that the front of the nacelles on the e also wobble due to the presence of the "turbine blades"
I recall the Bussard collectors, it's just the whole concept of moving parts in a Starfleet starship engine... it just seems so... primitive.
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote