View Single Post
Old 26-11-2011, 13:04   #6
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: Uh oh... green screen of death

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekeisaszekedoes View Post
Yes it is annoying.

I don't mind losing the shows on there so much as the worrying feeling that I'm going to have to wait weeks in order to have an engineer out to fix or (more likely) replace the box, assuming that it is a hard drive fault which some of the TiVo helpsites seem to suggest.

I always thought the hard drive in there made unusual noises when booting up, similar to that of other ones I've had in PCs that are just about to develop a fault which SMART usually tells you about. I tried doing what are called TiVo KickStart Codes but due to the fact the VM TiVo is different from the Premiere in terms of front LEDs and firmware I haven't been able to get to any of the described diagnostic menus to do tests.

Here's a pic of the green screen anyway.

Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote