Thread: Football Season 2017/2018
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 20:50   #1398
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Season 2017/2018

I'm not sure why they'd get a position. There's never been an extra spot available if a winning team does or doesn't qualify. They take someone else's place. Liverpool took Everton and Chelsea took Spurs. The only way for an English team to get a fifth place was to win the Europa League as seen last year.

So by previous rules if Liverpool win overall and finish 4th then nothing changes at all. There's no extra place on offer. If Liverpool finish outside of the top four and win, they take the place of whoever finishes 4th.

The only place that could potentially be available is the Europa League winners place. Even then I'm unsure where that goes of the winner is already qualified. I'd assume to the runner up and so forth.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 09-05-2018 at 21:00.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote