View Single Post
Old 16-12-2019, 14:34   #7028
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It makes sense for Sky not to have it as they have bought a lot of the content directly or via UKTV. VM may be in a similar situation, I don't know.
Agreed. That is more likely to be the reason.

---------- Post added at 14:32 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
There is a great lot of difference between a 160lb gorilla which is Amazon and one called Britbox that weighs about 14 ounces.
Yes, I get that, but my point was that just because Britbox will not appear on Sky doesn't mean it is doomed to failure.

---------- Post added at 14:34 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
As you know I've been trialling Britbox and I'm not impressed if I'm honest it's certainly not something I'd subscribe to long term and won't bother beyond the trial.
I certainly wouldn't bother with it until they have the originals appearing. At the moment it would appeal more to UKTV and non-subscription audiences.

I don't watch repeats so I'm certainly not going to pay for them!