View Single Post
Old 26-01-2017, 10:45   #331
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Smart move by Sky. VM could do the same if it had its own content to offer.

Then again, I guess VM could still offer its bundles by this method and link it in with their broadband deals, although such a link could not be extended to those parts of the country VM doesn't reach.

Having said that, they could still provide their full channel offering with a new VM streaming stick or box connected to the internet and maybe link it with a discount offer relating to their mobile phone part of the business. In that way, you would be able to get VM TV packages anywhere in the UK that was connected to the internet.

I don't see Discovery being able to make it on its own with their type of programming on a new subscription based Discovery On Demand platform, but as part of a larger offering, it would remain attractive to subscribers. If Sky dig in their heels and Discovery becomes reliant on the smaller players like Virgin Media and BT, I don't think it will be viable any more. Extending Virgin Media to the rest of the country could be a solution.

These times are becoming very interesting!