View Single Post
Old 29-11-2018, 11:08   #4754
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

YouTube Premium appears to have lost its way. Shame, I was wondering whether to subscribe so I could also get the music videos without advertisements. I will need to see how this plays out before parting with any subscription money!

https://www.rapidtvnews.com/20181129...#axzz5YEWc3a3P

Online video giant YouTube is reportedly planning to shift from developing top-tier scripted original content for its premium service.

According to unnamed sources, the Google-owned platform is expected to scale back its original content production starting in 2020. At the same time, it will make all future originals free to all users, not just subscribers to YouTube Premium.

YouTube is still developing the second seasons of the Karate Kid reboot Cobra Kai and Impulse, and just ordered pilots for The Edge of Seventeen and Dark Cargo, so its content business isn’t going away completely; but sources told The Hollywood Reporter that the YouTube Originals team is facing "a serious budget reduction."

"Other platforms have had traction with scripted, but they don't feel like there's an opening for them," one source said.

"If you look at our originals over the last few years, our main goal was to drive subscribers to YouTube Premium," said chief business officer Robert Kyncl. "But through experimentation, we've also learned that we can make a lot of the projects work incredibly well when we make them available free to users."