View Single Post
Old 22-12-2017, 13:27   #4065
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Web browsing now added to Amazon TV boxes (Not tried yet)

With Firefox and Silk web browsers on Fire TV, the entire world wide web is now at your fingertips. You can now access all your favorite web content on the big screen, including sports, news, TV shows, movies, social news, and web videos. Use your Fire TV remote buttons to easily search the web, navigate pages, and play, pause, and fast forward web videos.

Edit: Sory, I missed this bit:
Ready to get browsing? Simply search for Firefox or Silk on your Fire TV, and download the app to get started.
Tried it last night. Opened Firefox and the first direct link is for YouTube. Clicked on the YouTube link and it took me to the TV friendly version of YouTube. Identical to the YouTube app. All in I was able to watch videos within 20 seconds. If Google pull the YouTube app from Fire TV it's no longer an issue for me. All it takes is 1 more click and about 10 seconds longer than usual to enjoy the exact same YouTube experience.