View Single Post
Old 18-12-2020, 21:45   #8361
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
I'd seen the same, great news if this comes to fruition. BT Sport do an excellent job with all of English club rugby.

I've seen reports on some other forums that the international rights are going to be more bundled than in the past, come this round of renewals. Sky have always had the summer international tours by virtue of their southern hemisphere rights, and do a decent enough job with those.

But while the Six-Nations have traditionally been bundled and sold FTA, the November series have had some messy arrangements - there'd be no harm done by those being collectively sold. I'm in two minds whether the home nations should be on FTA or if them going to pay is justifiable for the increased rights income.

BT confirmed as continuing their coverage of Premiership Rugby - fee is less than CVC/Prem Rugby rejected in February - as a result of Covid I would imagine

On the whole I would agree with your comments re BT coverage, the caveat I would like to see BT setting the games up on extra in a way they can be recorded.