View Single Post
Old 18-12-2020, 11:05   #8360
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
In an about turn, today's Telegraph suggests Premiership Rugby and BT are nearing agreement on a new contract at around £37m per year (premiership rugby turned down £40m per year from BT at the start of the year) sky apparently are concentrating on International Rugby - so no likely counter-bid from them.
I'd seen the same, great news if this comes to fruition. BT Sport do an excellent job with all of English club rugby.

I've seen reports on some other forums that the international rights are going to be more bundled than in the past, come this round of renewals. Sky have always had the summer international tours by virtue of their southern hemisphere rights, and do a decent enough job with those.

But while the Six-Nations have traditionally been bundled and sold FTA, the November series have had some messy arrangements - there'd be no harm done by those being collectively sold. I'm in two minds whether the home nations should be on FTA or if them going to pay is justifiable for the increased rights income.