View Single Post
Old 17-12-2020, 00:27   #8356
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Just as an aside, I was flicking through the Tesco magazine and they had an ad for Technika Smart TV with Fire TV built-in. Don't recall seeing Fire OS in a 3rd Party -branded device before.
In Europe, TPV (Phillips brand) and Vestel (Toshiba, Hitachi, some JVCs, some Bush and some Technika and others) are licensed by Amazon to include Fire O/S in their models. https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2020...mazon-fire-tv/

---------- Post added at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was at 23:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I'm not sure why you say that, the article I read in the telegraph stated prime app would be on skyQ in time to watch amazons 20 EPL matches (they start tomorrow) and it is.

It also said sky/Amazon had come to an agreement over future EPL rights and the income from UK rights was likely to fall (already sky/BT have an agreement)

So it wouldn't surprise me at all.
I don't think Amazon and Sky would be allowed to colude on bidding for sports rights - the Competition and Markets Authority would be all over them like a rash!