View Single Post
Old 13-12-2019, 01:11   #7013
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Live sport over IP is still scheduled TV. It really isn't a completely different experience, it's exactly the same, right down to the commercials that run at half time (yes, Amazon played adverts at half time). Streaming live sport is not a delight, at its best (i.e. when you have sufficient bandwidth) it is exactly the same as watching Sky Sports, you sit down in front of your TV before the match starts, select the appropriate channel from the electronic programme guide (or item from the menu) and open a beer.
I agree with you to an extent, Chris. Indeed, live sport over IP is scheduled tv. But it is a different experience fot the viewer. We will no longer be accessing live tv via conventional scheduled tv channels. The closest example is if you look at the BBC channels. You can watch live tv either via a scheduled tv channel such as BBC 1 or you can watch it via BBC i-Player, and what is more, you can elect to watch that live programme from the beginning if you want to.

I completely understand that your poor broadband reception will colour your experience. I am lucky enough to have lovely broadband speeds via Virgin Media, but once these speeds are rolled out nationwide, things will look a lot different.