View Single Post
Old 15-11-2017, 10:38   #771
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Perhaps it's me that's drunk, I ask a perfectly legitimate question about the right of the assumed unemployed to peaceful protest in response to someone demanding they be sanctioned and then whether the system is now so draconian toward the jobless that they must spend every moment at home job hunting, still don't see the bs
Just to avoid the clear misunderstanding that has occurred, here is the proper order of posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I still see people protesting outside parliment to try and stop Brexit (despite the fact it's law and we are 100% leaving).

Question is if these are claiming JSA (or whatever its called now), should they be severly sanctioned.
then

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
I wouldn't have thought he did, what would be the point of taking back control of our democracy if the first thing we do is ban people's right to protest against it, besides which even if they all were on jsa why should they be sanctioned, I never realised things were so strict now you had to be job hunting at home every second of every day
followed by:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Where did you read that BS ?

A former colleague of mine had to stop work, resigned and had to look after her daughter for some time.

When she was ready to start work again, was on JSA. She had fortnightly interviews at Job centre, they simply ask, what jobs you like and have applied for, you respond, by saying applied for, A, B, C, which she did, most of the jobs she applied for, never heard back from them, she told DWP in the interview she not heard back, they say fine, see you in a fortnight.

They do not check whether what your saying is true, they may say, after a while of constant job rejection, after x amount of applications to improve on a job skill, they did this to my former colleague, my colleague said no, the course was too far, she was not sanctioned for not doing it.

As far as JSA goes, as long as you seem to be actively looking for work, attend the fortnightly interviews with DWP, they leave you alone.

A lot play the system still. It used to be one of my job roles, doing recruitment for new staff and many applications, you invite the person to interview and they never show up to it and I just knew it was from a JSA applicant, many application forms just had a name and address on them, many were so blank and job history info missing, meaning they know they are going to be rejected at this hurdle, again these from JSA applicants who were just playing the system, to keep getting the money.