Thread: TiVo TV Volume
View Single Post
Old 14-04-2021, 17:06   #8
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: TV Volume

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Unfortunately with a flat screen there's no volume in the cabinet to make a decent woofer installation so the sound is always going to be reedy. We use an external 100 Watt subwoofer unit to beef up the bass.
My current 43 inch LG TV has better sound than my previous Samsung 42inch TV. The 32inch Sony Bravia Wega I had before that had *much* better sound than either.

Weirdly, the 27inch iMac I have on my desk at work has nicer sound than any of them, despite being slimmer than any. That said, IIRC the speakers on the iMac are downward facing, and take advantage of the fact there is quite a large bezel down there (about 5cm), so there is actually quite a lot of room for them to move. Before anyone gets pedantic, I haven't looked up the insides of an iMac for a long time, and don't really have time to do so now, so I could be wrong. I also know that Apple invest an awful lot of money in signal processing on their various devices which may result in a "nicer" (if technically less accurate) sound.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote