View Single Post
Old 16-06-2021, 09:08   #344
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: The future of television

In the "most" scenario I outlined above I envisage PSB to be relatively unchanged. As broadcasters they will evolve and have feet in both camps retaining linear channels over DTT/cable/Sky/streaming for a universal service.

While 100% FTTP is extremely unlikely once that figure is in the mid to high 90s we have opted for a "two tier" Freeview service based on what multiplexes can be received - I can see this being enough to support a significant shift.

I think demographic shift supports the direction of travel. For OBs point 3) I doubt broadcast transmitters will close down as soon as that to preserve 1) and broadcast something to the gaps in 2).
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote