Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 14-05-2022, 21:53   #1894
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

Of course people should go back to the office. What’s stopping them?
Fundamentally nothing, but I know of plenty of companies who, deciding on how to cut costs during the pandemic (not that some people need a reason) have opted to reduce office space and in some cases remove whole offices, meaning the desk capacity is no longer sufficient to accommodate if every single office worker wanted to come in on a particular day.

Offices are becoming hot-desks which has downsides for storing kit, ergonomics, etc etc.

Boris can say what he likes, but they ushered it in (and were on about it pre-covid); flexible/hybrid working is here to stay, and the benefits in travelling times help the environment too, if someone doesn't have to travel any distance into work that's less traffic and less pollution, when the job can be done sufficiently from home. Doing this also makes it easier for those who can't of course.

I think that a fair amount of office workers will still (semi-permanently) be going into the office some days a week, maybe 2 or 3, and maybe when certain meetings take place, doing the rest from home, where this previously was five. The pandemic has shown most of us can do this. Personally I feel I work better from home as opposed to a busier, noisier office, it's quieter.

nffc is online now   Reply With Quote