View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 17:49   #12
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: V6 recording stuttering and pixelated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
"Just to mention a few facts.

1) You will lose the recordings on ALL your boxes if you change to the new V360 platform, as the existing boxes will be replaced.

2) V360 only uses one 1TB hard drive box, the rest are diskless half size mini boxes. So you will only have one third of the recording capacity you have now. Pauseing Live TV on a box with no hard drive only gives you 10 minutes maximum. Recordings will be streamed from the main box to the minis, so poor WiFi is not an option".

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...0/td-p/4479781

And to get one you have to upgrade to Ultimate Oomph (Who the heck decides these stupid names?)
I take it that's a no, then!

Frankly, I don't blame you and I would keep with my V6 boxes. However, your old box needing replacement is an ideal opportunity to switch to the 360 software, as you would lose your recordings in that eventuality anyway. But again, until they have ironed out those bugs, particularly the recording ones, I won't be changing that either.